- Foreign citizens coming to study in St. Petersburg State University (SPbSU) (including research programs and courses) should submit to Passport and Visa Department (PVD)of SPbSU the following documents: copies of their national passports, visa and migration card stamped by Border Control (Immigration) in order to be primarily registered and to execute notification of the arrival of the foreign citizen to the place of residence in the Russian Federation (citizens of the Republic of Belarus should submit copy of their ticket instead of migration card).
- Foreign citizens have to submit to PVD of SPbSU application for prolongation of the registration and all the documents required not later than 1 month (20 working days) before expiration of the stated date of primary registration. The prolongation of foreign citizens´ registration in the territory of the Russian Federation is made at the same time as the issuance of a multiple entry visa for the term of agreement/contract, but not more than for 1 year.
- Before leaving to other cities of the Russian Federation foreign citizen have to present to PVD of SPbSU the information concerning the purpose, duration and place of staying. In case of staying in other city for the period more than three days foreign citizen has to apply for registration by his/herself in a local department of the Migration Service or to address the authorities of the receiving organization for the purpose of obtaining of a temporary registration. During two working days on return to the place of study in St. Petersburg foreign citizen has to inform PVD of SPbSU of his/her arrival.
- Before leaving the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizen has to present to PVD of SPbSU the information concerning the purpose and duration of a trip. During two working days on return to the place of study in Saint-Petersburg foreign citizen have inform PVD of SPbSU of his/her arrival.
- In case the place of residence in the territory of St. Petersburg (Leningrad area) is changed foreign citizen has to present to PVD the information about his/her new place of residence in two working days in order to execute a new notification.
- In case the national documents are lost foreign citizens have to inform immediately the nearest police station to the place of the loss or to the place of noticing the loss to obtain the certificate confirming the loss and inform PVD of SPbSU about an accident.
- Foreign citizens have to extend or change their national passports 6 months before the date of expiry and present them to PVD of SPbSU.
- Upon graduation or dismissal from the university foreign citizens have to depart from the Russian Federation in the term determined by the Faculty Administration. In order to leave the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizens are to have a national passport, a stamped migration card, a visa and a notification.
- Foreign citizens studying at Saint-Petersburg State University are permitted to work only during vacation or at vacant hours and perform as technical assistants in SPbSU (for instance: technician, assistant, assistant of foreign language teacher etc.)
All other labor activities for foreign citizens during the period of study are strictly forbidden.
- Foreign students who have committed crimes, administrational or other violations in the territory of the Russian Federation come under the same penalties as the Russian Federation citizens.
- Any violation of the present rules is subject to the following measures: a fine, an administration separation, and deportation in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
The term of execution of the visa operations -1 month